- Twenty-three years experience as a Private Therapist
- Twenty-one years private practice experience as Owner and Therapist
- Owner and Therapist of OUTLOOK Counselling Services (2012-current) providing: direct Fee-for-Service Consultation and Counselling Services; contracted Consultation and Counselling Services
Past Service Provision
- Public Sector: Child & Family Services; Community Mental Health
- Private Sector: contracted service provision to Local, Provincial and National Employee Assistance Programs; contracted Military Mental Health Clinician; provision of Fee-for-Service Consultation and Counselling Services
- Private Practice: past Owner and Therapist (1998-2011)
- Thirty years of clinical service provision
- Registered Clinical Social Worker with Manitoba College of Social Workers
- Clinical experience in public and private sectors
- Organisations: Industry, Health, Education and Military
In my practice, counselling is a collaborative process that empowers individuals to connect to and understand self. In the midst of life challenges, individuals often do not realise that they have existing coping skills.
Collaborative counselling enhances existing coping skills, leading to increased confidence to cope and manage life challenges. Service provision is tailored to each individual in context of presenting life challenges.
Throughout the counselling process individuals understand that it is possible to learn to live with life challenges, past and present, differently over time. Collaborative counselling promotes independence by developing sustainable coping and management strategies applicable in all life circumstances.